Vapor Control Valves With Metric Flange Mountings and Other MMC Group Products
Vapor Control Valves for Gauging
and Sampling Petroleum and Chemicals
- MMC B-type vapor-control valves
- Positive shut-off units
- Tri-mode tank gauging
- Ullage, interface, temperature and oxygen sensing
- B-type, Micro “B” and the MMC (Asia) F50 are 2-inch (50mm) full-bore valves
- Flanged Valves for easy installation and accurate positioning
- Constructed of grade 316 stainless steel with a stainless steel cap. Bronze cap available upon request.
- Stainless steel ball valves with Teflon ball valve seals
- Available in 1/2 or 1/3 liter sampling, size 2 inch with MMC sampling tapes
- 1 inch valves available for manual tank sounding
- 3 inch valves available for 1 liter sampling
U/B and U/MB Vapor Control Gauging Stations
U/B Valve is shown above, left. Above, center: Closed Trimode installed in U/MB Valve. Above, right: U/MB. Also see U/MB variation sheet for enlarged view.
The MMC U/B type vapor control valve is custom designed to fit directly into existing ullage ports and operates via a 2-inch full-bore ball valve to assure positive closure. It combines the simplicity of installation of the U valve, requiring no hot work, with the positive shutoff of the B valve. U/B and U/MB valves are designed to measure 500mm (19.69″) above zero. Half liter sampling is available.
Viton ® used for all other seals. A stainless steel cap is standard and a selection of other seal materials are optional. (Viton ® is a registered trademark of DuPont Dow Elastomers.)
Mounting Flange Dimensions:
- 2″ “B” Valve B-2318-23-F316-SC50 – 6″ (152) O.D., BC 4 3/4″ (121) – Bolt Holes (4) 3/4″ (19).
- 2″ Micro B-2318-24-FMS-SC50 – Bolt Holes (4) 3/4″ (19).
- 2″ F50 50mm MMC-A (JIS) – 155mm (6.1″) O.D., BC 120mm (4.72″) – Bolt Holes (4) 19 (0.75″).
- 2″ “B” Valve – 14 lb. (6.35 kg).
- 2″ Micro “B” – 13 lb. (5.9 kg).
- 2″ F50 MMC-A (JIS) – 19.8 lbs. (9 kg).
- Pressure Rating:
- 150 psi (10kg/cm sq), bubble tight at 2 psi (0.14kg).
Suitable for positive tank isolation, MMC B-type vapor-control valves are positive shut-off units that support Tri-mode tank gauging functions (ullage, interface & temperature) as well as oxygen sensing. They are available in three models. The original B-type, Micro “B” and the MMC (Asia) F50 are all 2-inch (50mm) full-bore valves. All valves are flanged for ease in installation and accurate positioning. Constructed of 316 stainless steel with a stainless steel cap, they have stainless steel ball valves with Teflon seals. In addition, 1/2 or 1/3 liter sampling is available in all 2 inch sizes with the use of MMC sampling tapes. All gauging tapes fit directly into any type of MMC vapor-control valve.