PORTABLE ELECTRONIC GAUGING TAPES
MMC is the world’s leading manufacturer of portable instruments for measuring ullage, oil-water interface, temperature, and bottom dryness in shipboard and land-based petroleum and chemical tank systems. All MMC systems are manufactured in the United States and are certified as intrinsically safe by BASEEFA and CSA. The Portable Closed Flexi-Dip measuring tape is a battery-operated electronic unit that is completely gas-tight. When installed in a vapor control valve mounted on a storage (cargo) tank, it forms a tightly sealed system that prevents toxic vapors from escaping and creates a closed gauging system for that tank. The tape is marked in metric or imperial units and is anti-static coated, as is the sensor. Furthermore, the tape is color-marked to make tape direction and motion easily visible and to ensure full rewind position. A coiled grounding cable with a large alligator clip is standard. This closed system is recognized by many worldwide regulatory bodies as equivalent to a fixed gauging system, as long as the tape remains in the valve from the beginning until the end of loading or discharging of the tank.
Tape Reading:of Fluid level +/- 1/8″ (3mm), +/- 0.01% of F.S. tape LGT (F.S. = Full Scale).
Temperature Display: +/- 0.5° F (+/- 0.3° C), +/- 1 digit error
- Ambient Temperature Limits: -20 °F (-7 °C) to 120 °F (49 °C)
- Product Temperature Limits: Ta = -20°C≤Ta≤+40°C
- Battery: 9-Volt Duracell MN1604
- Tape Lengths: 50 ft. (15m), 65 ft. (20m), 75 ft. (25m), 100 ft. (30m), 35m
- Typical Weights: 14 lbs. (6.4 kg)
- Pressure Limits: 3 psi working, 7.5 psi maximum
- Approvals: Intrinsically safe, BASEEFA, CSA