PORTABLE ELECTRONIC GAUGING TAPES
MMC is the world’s leading manufacturer of portable instruments for measuring ullage, oil-water interface, temperature, and bottom dryness in shipboard and land-based petroleum and chemical tank systems. All MMC systems are manufactured in the United States and are certified as intrinsically safe by BASEEFA, CSA and SAA. The Portable Closed Flexi-Dip measuring tape is a battery-operated electronic unit that is totally gas-tight. When installed in a vapor control valve mounted on a storage (cargo) tank, it forms a tightly sealed system that prevents toxic vapors from escaping and creates a closed gauging system for that tank. The tape is marked in metric or english units and is anti-static coated (as is the sensor). In addition, the tape is color marked to make tape direction and motion easily seen and to ensure full rewind position. A coiled grounding cable with large alligator clip is standard. This closed system is recognized by many worldwide regulatory bodies as equivalent to a fixed gauging system as long as the tape remains in the valve from the beginning until the end of loading or discharging of the tank.
Tape Reading:of Fluid level +/- 1/8 inch (3mm), +/- 0.01% of F.S. tape LGT (F.S. = Full Scale).
Temperature Display: +/- 0.5° F (+/- 0.3° C), +/- 1 digit error.
- Ambient Temperature Limits: -20 °F (-7 °C) to 120 °F (49 °C).
- Product Temperature Limits: Ta = -20°C≤Ta≤+40°C
- Battery: Duracell MN1604.
- Tape Lengths: 50 ft. (15m), 65 ft. (20m) 75 ft. (25m), 100 ft. (30M), 35M.
- Typical Weights: 14 lbs. (6.4 KG).
- Pressure Limits: 3 psi working, 7.5 psi maximum.
- Approvals: Intrinsically safe, BASEEFA, CSA, NKK (Japan).