UI Oil-Water Interface Gauging Tapes For Tankers
- Restricted (“R” type) & Closed Closed (“C” type)
- (Marine Tankers via MMC vapor control valves).
- Restricted & Closed via our storage tank tank-top gauging stations.
- Other Applications:
- Open gauging (“O” type) (Non-Toxic product vapors only).
- Environmental gauging (“E” type) ( Typical well monitoring vapors only). Low cost polyethlyene coated tape available, all other tapes are Tefzel®, (Dupont Corp.), coated and anti-static treated by MMC.
These portable FLEXI-DIP® “UI” gauging tapes provide a convenient and accurate means for measuring ullage and a lower oil-water interface. They are suitable for marine and land-based tank facilities and also for environmental monitoring well applications.
MMC’s UI gauging tapes are capable of detecting all floating and non-conductive hydrocarbons. Each instrument is designed for ease of use. Gauging for liquid or Interface level is accomplished simply and quickly. When the electronic probe is lowered and senses a hydrocarbon, a steady horn tone is sounded and a yellow LED illuminates. When sensing an Oil-water interface, or a heavier than water non-conductive liquid, an intermittent horn tone sounds and a red LED begins flashing. This gauging system is certified as “Intrinsically Safe” for use in all class IIC hazardous atmospheres.